Here we will try to answer all legal questions their might be regarding ripping music from Spotify.
- Is it legal to rip music from Spotify?As this matter has not been tested in a court of law we cannot give any warranty out. But as far as we know its fully legal to rip music from Spotify for personal use. This is because it´s legal to record analogue radio and internet radio and legally we would say that Spotify is a sort of internet radio where the user decides the content.
- Does Spotify allow ripping of their music?They do not. By ripping music from spotify you break the end user agreement you agreed on by using Spotify. This is what it says:
copy, reproduce, “rip”, record, make available to the public or otherwise use any part of the Spotify Software Application or the Spotify Service or its content (including but not limited to tracks, images and text) in a manner not expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- Can i share my ripped music with my friends (the internet;)?Legaly you can´t. Morally you probably could.
- Can Spotify see that im ripping music?No they can’t. Unless you accidently post i screenshot of your Spotify running with a ripper on the official Spotify forums.
- Will my Spotify ban my account if i rip music? No. They can’t see that you are ripping. And they won’t ban you if they don’t know that your doing something wrong.
- Is it legal to create free Spotify accounts without an invite?We haven’t found anything in the end user agreement that says you can’t. So NO it isn’t.
The author reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect,will therefore be rejected.
All offers are not-binding and without obligation. Parts of the pages or the complete publication including all offers and information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by the author without separate announcement.
2. Referrals and links
The author is not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from his pages – unless he has full knowledge of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of his site fromviewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the one who has linked to these pages. Furthermore the author is not liable for any postings or messages published by users of discussion boards, guestbooks or mailinglists provided on his page.
The author intended not to use any copyrighted material for the publication or, if not possible, to indicate the copyright of the respective object.
The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as images, diagrams, sounds or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author’s agreement.
If the opportunity for the input of personal or business data (email addresses, name, addresses) is given, the input of these data takes place voluntarily. The use and payment of all offered services are permitted – if and so far technically possible and reasonable – without specification of any personal data or under specification of anonymized data or an alias. The use of published postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers and email addresses for marketing purposes is prohibited, offenders sending unwanted spam messages will be punished.
5. Legal validity of this disclaimer
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.